Monday, February 11, 2013

Considering Delivery and Style

I attempted to find blogs written by professional athletic trainers and had relatively decent luck finding some. Many of them were about the overall daily life of athletic trainers and focused on aspects that tried to promote the field. These blogs were very easy to read and demonstrated a simplistic delivery and style. Although they would sometimes talk about what seemed to be confusing topics, things were explained in a easy to understand way.

The goal or purpose of many of these blogs was to promote athletic training as a field. From a reader's perspective I would have to say that this goal was achieved. Seeing that I found many of these blogs to be very informative and interesting, I can easily imagine that others interested in the field of athletic training would find them enjoyable to read. The way that they are written is straight forward and to the point. I never had to think or question details in the blog for too long because the answer to my question was soon found.

As a reader I also had a purpose and that was to find out more on what it is like to be an athletic trainer.  My curiosity is something I think that drives my desire to be an athletic trainer and from reading these blogs, I sure had many of my questions answered and had new owns introduced to me. The delivery and style of these blogs attracts readers with a similar interest and deep curiosity for the field of athletic training and what it entails.

Here is one of the blogs I enjoyed most: http://promotetheprofession.wordpress.com/

Not only did I read some blogs, but I read through some newspaper articles and scholarly articles. While newspapers articles are somewhat like blogs in the sense that they are both very simple to understand, they differ as well. The blog is more for people in that certain field or occupation or people that are interested in learning more from one another and bouncing different ideas back and forth. The newspaper article is more for the common, everyday person who just wants to know what is going on in the world of athletic training by focusing in on a certain story or topic.. But both are similar in the aspect of simple, informal delivery. As for scholarly articles we have a type of delivery and style which is much different then that of the blog and newspaper article. The scholarly article is much more formal, for facts and detailed information, and research on some sort of specific subject or topic in the field of athletic training. They are written by highly regarded individuals, professionals in there respected fields and meant more for other professionals in the field of study, or those doing research.

 
Works Cited
Mensch, James, and Murray Mitchell. "Choosing a Career in Athletic Training: Exploring the Perceptions of Potential Recruits." Journal of Athletic Training 43.1 (2008): 70-9. ProQuest. Web. 1 May 2013. 
 Crooks, Sarah. "Athletic Training." The Town Talk: D.1. Mar 19 2002. ProQuest. Web. 1 May 2013 .





No comments:

Post a Comment